Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hydrangeas


I love Hydrangeas-they are one of my all time favorite flowers. Sadly my yard has no shade and these guys don't really love the all day direct sun that is ubiquitous in my yard. I have managed to grow a few mopheads in planters in the approximately 10 square feet of shade in my yard-well more accurately in my driveway. I had always wanted to change the pH of the soil so I could have a pink Hydrangea. Around these parts the un-assisted hydrangea is blue. So I am pretty excited that by some unknown twist of fate the pH in this planter is increasing -as is evidenced by this pink beauty.


Here is a Lady In Red Hydrangea that lived several very unsuccessful years in my back yard before being transplanted to a pot by the driveway.


And a few more close ups of these beauties


Can you handle the sheer fantastic-ness of these flowers....

No comments: