Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Installment of Blooming

When flowers grow in my yard I am always a little bit astonished. Considering how I used to pop a single marigold in a pot full of topsoil and wish for the best (they always died). Now I photograph every thing in my yard....

The "death" Hydrangea (from my dad's funeral). It is blooming for a second time this year. I feel terribly obligated to keep it alive-that's the trouble with having living flowers at funerals. Don't get me started on the death Spathiphyllum in my dining room.


Day-Lilies are ubiquitous in here in the burbs. You'd be hard pressed to find a yard without them. They are considered an invasive species which means in layman's terms...a plant that you can not kill-making them the ideal plant for me. These lovlies have 3 layers of petals-so they are particularly pretty.

No comments: