Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rainbow Prayer Bear-Meet Gabby

My daughter attends a Baptist Preschool. We aren't Baptist-nor do we align ourselves with many of their beliefs however it is a dear sweet school and I feel good about my daughter attending. That was until Saturday-no make it Friday. Friday when my daughter got in the car with an extra school bag. I thought there had been some mistake- perhaps she had grabbed another child's bag. But it wouldn't take me long to understand. My daughter immediately began to explain-with great joy and excitement-that she was the lucky student entrusted with the weekend care of the class mascot "Rainbow Prayer Bear". SHIT! We just aren't the sort of family to be entrusted with anything-let alone a beloved class mascot.

I warned-I scolded-I reminded "keep Rainbow Prayer Bear out of the dogs reach" I said...but really...none of us truly grasped the actual "reach" of our new dog-she can reach anything.

The missing eye and nose are hard to overlook-as well as the long gash along the face. It took Gabby approximately .023 seconds to do this damage.



Well all I can say is thank goodness for EBay. Another bear is on the way-hopefully in time for the next little trustee to take the new and improved Rainbow Prayer Bear home for a weekend visit.

No comments: