Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chicken Feet

I recently bought a few pastured chickens. For the past year I have only consumed grass fed/pastured animal products. It can be difficult to find pastured chickens, so I was more than happy to drive to a local farm and pick up a few birds on processing day.




Processing day is when a farmer sets up a processing tent and kills and processes a bunch of chickens. Then customers come with ziplock bags and pick up fresh chickens.

In addition to chickens you can buy chicken parts. Parts like necks, gizzards, and feet. Good lord......feet. But as I stood there waiting for my chickens to be bagged a nice lady was explaining how chicken feet make great stock. Oooh, I'm obsessed with chicken stock. Well you would be too if you paid 15 dollars for a chicken. Trust me, you use every bit of a 15 dollar chicken.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: