Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bye Bye Kandinsky

Hello (knock off of) tribute to Ford Smith.

This sad Kandinsky print has been a staple in my home for years. I love it-I really do. But the print has been through a lot, not to mention that the frame wasn’t really the correct size for the print and the frame is a little thin for its scale.


About 6 months ago I found an awesome frame at Goodwill. Have I ever told you I love Goodwill? I do, I love it. The frame contained one genuine-God-awful-blue-and-white-floral-print. I immediately decided to buy the frame and paint over the print….But what to paint? Obviously I would copy something….because copying is what I do best. Ford Smith is a favorite artist of mine. So I chose this print to copy.


Gorgeous colors, modern, fabulous, did I mention it has gorgeous colors? I LOVE red and turquoise….watch the transformation.


"See ya" ugly flowers




I love cleaning my brushes in pretty little Mason Jars


Getting Closer


What happens when I neglect my household responsibilities to paint.


Just a reminder of what I was copying (for my own personal use of course)


The finished product-ready to hang.

No comments: